Wednesday, December 10, 2014

UN Expert Calls For Prosecution Over U.S. Torture (AP Story - LINK)

The Rumor Mill News Reading Room 
UN Expert Calls For Prosecution Over U.S. Torture (AP Story - LINK)
Posted By: Gaian [Send E-Mail]
Date: Wednesday, 10-Dec-2014 11:27:45

Greetings All!
As I'm sure each of you know, yesterday the long awaited report on CIA torture activities was released. Was anyone surprised that the CIA tortured alleged "terrorists" ? Not me.
Today, Ben Emmerson at the UN called for PROSECUTION of senior U.S. Officials, based on the findings of the torture report.
Now, I'm no fan of the UN, but this call for prosecution of U.S. officials was a surprise to me. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I doubt anything will come of it. I can only hope that I am wrong.
This is an AP story, so I cannot snip from the article - I can only provide the link:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/10/un-us-torture_n_6300864.html
Blessings and Namaste,
Gaian

No comments: