Friday, December 7, 2012

Colitis Advice To Not Believe, Treatments To Not Take

Colitis Advice To Not Believe, Treatments To Not Take 
 
  
I thought I had heard it all when it comes to the things people are
usually told about colitis when they get their diagnosis.

I call them "colitis-isms." You know, the usual stuff like:
- How drugs like Asacol are the ONLY treatment. (Silly you -- never mind worrying that its most common side effects are gas, cramps and diarrhea--the very things it's supposed to HELP.)
- How you are basically "doomed" once you have it and your life will never be normal again. (Read: Know where the bathroom is everywhere you go...and learn to deal with the embarrassment.)
- How you might be looking at surgery (and a possible J-pouch or colostomy) if the drugs won't keep you in remission. Keep your fingers crossed that you don't have to go under the knife.
- And the biggest lie -- how your diet makes absolutely NO difference in your condition.
Well, I was wrong.
I HAVEN'T heard it all.
Because Rod, who had colitis, then was told he was supposedly misdiagnosed, then got it again...really bad.
Here's Rod's personal journey with colitis, as well as how he's proven many of the usual "colitis-isms" to be a bunch of malarkey.
*******************
Hi Sherry,
I wanted to share my personal journey with you and how you are affecting it as well as others around me.
Back in 2008 I was diagnosed with Chronic Colitis. I had bloody stools with minor pain but frequent heavy urges to pass them. The colonoscopy revealed from my rectum up 6 inches into my colon was inflamed.
I was prescribed Asacol which I took for a few months with seeming little to no results from the drug. I wasn't miserable but very uncomfortable.
Therefore, I read as much as I could about natural ways to help me. I started taking Aloe and Omega 3 Fish oil, and started eating better. After a few months of this my condition disappeared.
At my one year appointment and colonoscopy, (my original doctor retired so this was a completely new doctor) I reported my condition to the doctor and underwent the procedure. Upon waking, it was reported to me that I never had colitis and all the biopsies showed complete negative. I was surprised to say the least. Labeled a mis-diagnosis, I went on about my life.
January 2012 rolls around and I still find myself in good health. Four years have passed and I suspect nothing. The next day would tell a totally different story.
I woke to a familiar feeling when I used the toilet. Small amounts of blood were in my stool again. It would only take about 1 month before my life became a nightmare.
The amount of blood in my stools was scary. It was so painful to pass the stools I could not sit afterwards. I had no energy after a day at work to do much other than sleep. Making an appointment with the second doctor, I underwent a colonoscopy again only to be once again diagnosed with colitis--more severe this time.
I was prescribed a daily suppository of 1000mg mesalamine and sent on my way. I was told my life is now changed forever. No hope except for the drugs and the level they will be prescribed.
So frustrated, I refused to believe this. I started looking for similarities in my habits in 2008 and now leading up to the event. I realized that it came at the same time of the year. I realized it came during a phase of my weight training that put me eating very large quantities of protein (whey and solid) and little to no veggies or fruits.
Reading on this, I found it to be highly acidic. That lead me to food combinations, and my google search led me to the Great Taste No Pain website.
Skeptical but desperate, I gave my email to Sherry and printed the trial "Pain Free in 1 Day" regimen. The emails came and I read. I ate for 1 week on this regimen. I sent emails to Sherry's staff and responses came. Wow, this seemed real! I ordered the complete kit and have been following it very closely.
Three weeks later, I am feeling much better. My visits to the restroom are down from a staggering 15 times per day to 4 - 6 times. Blood is minimal, pain is only high when I find a food that produces flatulence (still have not mastered this).
For me gas is the most painful part. Those with colitis will understand that passing gas is impossible without blood and puss accompanying it. Not letting it pass can be excruciatingly painful.
Though I am not out of the woods, I feel I am making leaps and bounds out of it. I am, Thanks to Sherry, educated and helping my family (even though they do not suffer from my condition). Everyone in my family suffers from bad eating habits in some way or another. They have all ordered this system now, and I can't wait see the results.
Today I sit here in no pain, only had one visit to the restroom (it's 10:30am) and un-medicated. I am taking daily fish oil and daily Aloe. I take Sherry's Super Shield Probiotics and am thinking about her Digestizol Max enzymes, depending on what the next few weeks tell me.
Bottom line, I feel great and believe I will only get better! If you have colitis, listen to Sherry and think about your Omega 3 and Aloe intake. The Aloe and Omega 3 can make the transition out of acidity more comfortable.
Thanks so much Sherry. My family and I are grateful.
Rod M
*******************
SB: Wow, Rod, you're a true inspiration! And you're living proof that helping your body heal in a safe, natural way can be VERY effective. Please write again and let me know how you're doing. I care.
**********
Now for the rest of you reading this who have colitis, or any other digestive challenge, you can learn from Rod (and start feeling better like he has--even if you've been told there is no hope).
What Rod has done is simple:
1) He's eating easier to digest meals by following the food pairing principles he learned in the Great Taste No Pain health system.
When your body can easily and effectively digest your meals, that not only means less gas, but also smoother, more regular bowel movements (and less stress and irritation to an inflamed colon).
Rod's already down from 15 bathroom visits a day to 4-6...and it can only get better from there!
 

2) He's taking advantage of safe, natural anti-inflammatories, including Omega-3.
Omega-3 essential fatty acids are our bodies' natural anti-inflammatory. But thanks to food processing, grain-fed (versus grass-fed) animals raised for meat, and our heavy reliance on vegetable oils, most people are severely lacking in this vital nutrient.
Getting the Omega-3 EFAs you so desperately need is easy with VitalMega-3 fish oil formula.
VitalMega-3 gives your body a daily dose of pharmaceutical-grade Omega-3 oils including the all-important EPA and DHA recommended by experts in virtually every study.
VitalMega-3 can help reduce inflammation from head to toe, including inflammation associated with arthritis, fibromyalgia AND colitis!
 

3) He's beefing up his friendly intestinal flora with Super Shield multi-strain probiotic formula.
The little, microscopic inhabitants in your gut carry out some BIG functions when it comes to your health.
Not only do they comprise between 70-80% of your immune system, but they also enhance digestion, make your gut wall strong and help keep your bowel movements smooth and regular.
Great news for colitis sufferers like Rod, and anyone with a digestive challenge.
 

If you've got colitis, it's time for YOU to stop believing that the standard "colitis-isms" are the gospel and that nothing else can help you.
That's simply not true.
When you use safe, natural, effective measures to enhance your digestion, encourage more regular (non-diarrhea) bowel movements and help your gut heal, wonderful things can begin to happen for you...just like they have for Rod.
I hope you'll see for yourself just how great you can feel.
And if you do, write and tell me how you're feeling.
To your health,
Sherry Brescia
PS: We're now on Facebook! Like us here:
- https://www.facebook.com/GreatTasteNoPain.HolisticBlendsInc

PPS: Randy's seeing a difference after just one day!
Hi Sherry,
Thanks so much for all your help and providing such good information.
Last year I was diagnosed with Colitis and let me tell you it was no picnic. I can't decide what was worse--the incredible urgency when needing a bathroom or waiting for the results thinking I had Colon cancer.
This was before I knew of you and your system of proper eating so the treatment I received was drugs. The drugs were potent enough that they were worried about kidney function so I was required to go for blood work every 3 months to monitor my kidneys.
Things improved and I was able to continue my work which has me out of town eating in restaurants and camps. Not the best of food by any stretch of the imagination.
Wouldn't you know it--I started to see a return of symptoms that led to the discovery of Colitis and this has led me to you.
Great Taste No Pain pain for 1 day and instantly my stomach has stopped revolting. It is amazing how what you eat can make you feel better. Gee go figure, mom was right!
The bloating is already noticeably less and so is the gas. I can't wait to get into the whole program and learn how to make it work for me when I travel so much. With the family and friends support I am getting I believe I will rid myself of digestive tract issues forever.
It's all thanks to you Sherry, you're the best.
Randy
*******************
Check out THOUSANDS of Great Taste No Pain success stories here.
=====================
Years of junk foods, meats, alcohol and soft drinks results in a decrease in your body's ability to produce digestive enzymes. This can result in daily painful gas, bloating, heartburn and constipation no matter how otherwise healthy your diet is! Digestizol Max can help turn that around for you fast. Its effective blend of 14 plant-derived enzymes and soothing herbs will help carry out the job of digestion and keep you feeling great! Learn more about Digestizol Max here.
====
Got low energy? Brain fog? CRS disease? You just may be low in in just one vitamin. One out of four people are. Read more about this deficiency and how you can help turn that around FAST.
====  
Want the best probiotic on the market today? Then learn why Super Shield outshines all the rest here. 
====  
A medical-grade fish oil formula like VitalMega-3 can help fight high cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as keep your joints feeling good, reducing chronic inflammation.
Learn more about VitalMega-3 and all the great things it can do for you here.
====  
Gluten has been linked to hundreds of health problems, including autoimmune diseases. If you are gluten sensitive or have an autoimmune disease, see what avoiding gluten can do for you.  Great Taste No Gluten will make gluten avoidance easy, while giving you 160 of the world's best tasting gluten-free recipes to make you love every bite of your gluten-free life. Learn more about Great Taste No Gluten here.

Want case studies?  Here are a few THOUSAND health turnarounds for you to marvel at.

Haven't taken the Great Taste No Pain test drive?  Why not?  Get over to
- http://www.greattastenopain.com/freereports/ and feel the power of Great Taste No Pain.

Want to read past articles? Here they are.
* Forward this email to the people you care about the most!
(c) copyright 2012 Holistic Blends  
- http://www.greattastenopain.com/great.asp
- http://www.greattastenogluten.com/great.asp
- http://www.bluerockholistics.com

Orders: 1-315-295-1236
====================  
**The FDA has not evaluated all of these statements. The contents of this email are not to be considered medical advice and are for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing health challenges, always consult your doctor for medical advice and follow it even if it contradicts the contents of this email.**
=================================
Pain-Free Living is a permission-based newsletter. The only way to receive it is to request it here   

No comments: