Saturday, November 24, 2012

Senior answer to the Junior Generations


This is my Senior answer to the Junior Generations






  THIS IS ME, THIS IS US, WE ARE THE REAL DEAL!!!


Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary. We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.

HOWEVER, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was
NOT the senior citizens who took

The
 melody out of music,

The
 pride out of appearance,

The
 courtesy out of driving,

The
 romance out of love,

The
 commitment out of marriage,

The
 responsibility out of parenthood,

The
 togetherness out of the family,

The
 learning out of education,

The
 service out of patriotism,

The
 Golden Rule from rulers,

The
 nativity scene out of cities,

The
 civility out of behavior,

The
 refinement out of language,

The
 dedication out of employment,

The
 prudence out of spending,

The
 ambition out of achievement or
God
out of government and school.

And we certainly are
NOT the ones who eliminated
patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

And, we do understand the meaning of patriotism, and remember those who have fought and died for our country.

Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand
 at attention with their hand over their hearts!

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

I'm the life of the party..... Even if it lasts until 8 p.m.

I'm very good at opening childproof caps..... With a hammer.

I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.

I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure place, somewhere.

I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.

I'm beginning to realize that aging is not for wimps.

Yes, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of my life!

Now if I could only remember who sent this to me, I wouldn't send it back to them, but I would send it to many more too!

Spread the laughter
Share the cheer
Let's be happy
While we're here.

And, MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA
AND MAY AMERICA BLESS GOD!!!

Go Green- Recycle CONGRESS!!!

No comments: