Alexander Higgins House, Blog Destroyed Sandy Flooding

Alexander Higgins House, Blog Destroyed By Sandy Flooding




When I was 16 my “foster” parents through me out on the streets in the middle of the Blizzard of ’96 and I spent the next 8 years battling homelessness. I worked so hard to never have to face that threat again. Sandy just destroyed my house and we don’t have flood insurance. The Ex will be in court first thing filing to get custody back of our son. My wife doesn’t want to have to deal with that as we struggle to rebuild everything. Dark days lie ahead and there is just no simple solution as I find myself homeless once again 16 years later. This time it is not myself I have to fend for but a wife and two kids. My servers and my blog which are my livelihood are no longer, my family is about to be ripped apart and everything has just been destroyed. Have to keep my head up high and just keep moving forward because as I learned last time around even though I can’t see it there is a light somewhere at the end of the tunnel.
Right now I have limited access to electicity and internet so it is hard to keep in touch as my cell phone service is down and due to the tremendous amount of widespread damage power and other utlities are likely to take a long time before they are restored and I am struggling to find a solution to this disaster and get life back to normal for my family.
Donations and other assistance are highly appreciated in this time of need as I attempt to rebuild everything I have lost from starting all over from scratch.



For those not familiar with the area, I live right across the bridge from these now infamous scenes and can see the Seaside Bridge from my inlet into the Barnegat Bay.
I have spent the week waiting for help from FEMA while NJ governor Chris Christie is on TV saying FEMA is providing assistance within 24-48 hours. I showed up at a FEMA / Christie press conference just a few miles from my house and recorded them telling people 7 to 10 days to hear from them
Please share far and wide and help!! Thanks so much.
The server’s and networking equipment along with all other personal property have been wiped out by record Hurricane Sandy flooding.