Thursday, July 23, 2015

Trump Trounces CNN's Cooper: "People Don't Trust You & the Media"

news

Trump Trounces CNN's Cooper: "People Don't Trust You & the Media"

VIDEO
GO TO LINK -- BOTTOM OF PAGE-TO VIEW



In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper that was broadcasted tonight Republican candidate for president Donald Trump berated the reporter for continuing to address
polls that shed him in a negative light instead of polls showing his upper-tier status.

"I am leading across the board," Trump said in the interview. "And then you hit me
with this poll that I didn't see before, where oh, gee, it's not even that kind of a poll.
All I know is I have a very big group of support. And I think one of the reasons."

"Let me tell you. The people don't trust you and the people don't trust the media.
And I understand why," Trump lectured Cooper.

Trump also said the American dream is "dead," but he will revive it and "make it bigger, better and stronger than ever before."

"You know I tell the story, the American dream -- I talk about the American dream in speeches," Trump said. "The American dream is dead but I'm going to make it bigger, better and stronger than ever before. The American dream is dead. But I'm going to
make it bigger, stronger. Right. And I go 'boom!' and I do it with great bravado and the audience goes crazy. "

DONALD TRUMP, GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE:
You keep bringing up negative.
You only want to talk about negative. Why don't you bring up the positive?

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: I did.

TRUMP: Excuse me.

COOPER: I started off with the Washington Post poll.

TRUMP: You started off the interview --

COOPER: No, I started off with the Washington Post poll.

TRUMP: You start off the interview with a poll that I didn't even know existed.

COOPER: I started off with the Washington Post poll. Intentionally, because I knew you would accuse me of that.

TRUMP: All I know is every poll I am leading in and you give me these two polls where it is different states. They're not even a national poll.

COOPER: Check the record.

TRUMP: I'm sure the record is fine.

COOPER: I started off with the Washington Post poll where you are way out in front.

TRUMP: I just think it is very unfair. Talk to me about a poll I have never even saw.

COOPER: It came out today.


TRUMP: It's not even a poll. It's in three different states and you are hitting me with this. Frankly,
 I think it is a very unfair question. I think it is an extremely -- you start off the interview with that. You don't say, I led in the FOX poll. I'm leading in the ABC/Washington Post poll.

COOPER: You're leading across the board.

TRUMP: I am leading across the board. And then you hit me with this poll that I didn't see before, where oh, gee, it's not even that kind of a poll. All i know is I have a very big group of support.
And I think one of the reasons.

COOPER: Among Republicans you are way out in the front.

TRUMP: Let me tell you. The people don't trust you and the people don't trust the media.
 And I understand why.

COOPER: Right. And politicians.


TRUMP: You know, I have always been covered, fairly, accurately because it was usually a financial press. And you know numbers are numbers and my numbers happen to be great.
So, I was always sort of treated fair.

With the media it's, not all cases, some, some of the political media is great. And really honest. Even if they've don't want to want to be, they're really honest. But I find that 60%, 70% of the political media is really, really dishonest.

You know I tell the story, the American dream -- I talk about the American dream in speeches.
The American dream is dead but I'm going to make it bigger, better and stronger than ever before. The American dream is dead. But I'm going to make it bigger, stronger.
Right. And I go 'boom!' and I do it with great bravado and the audience goes crazy.

 http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/07/22/trump_to_anderson_cooper_during_interview_the_people_dont_trust_you_and
_the_media.html?AID=7236

No comments: