Saturday, October 13, 2012

Remember the Ventures?


Air Force General George Babbitt from Tacoma, WA gets inducted into the NW Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:


Very different...a rock band from the 50's and 60's and their original 17 year old drummer left after 8 months and went into the Air Force .... now a four star  General and he came back to play with them again, in uniform ......
Remember the Ventures?  this is pretty cool ................... makes you start the day with a smile ...............


http://www.stumptownblogger.com/2012/04/what-a-cool-video.html?cid=6a010536b86d36970c0163050cd62f970d

2 comments:

Kevin Mills said...

I remember. My brother and I had a record titled "Learn To Play Guitar With The Ventures" It showed all the chords and note progressions to their songs. We'd sit with our only cheap electric guitar and work at it. My first experience learning how to play! Wish I still had it. Should be a real collectors item now.

Anonymous said...

WOW. Legends they hammered out some serious music in the 60's first group that I know off introduced Mosrite guitars still enjoy their music and inspire my guitar playing. Walk don't run first song I learned to play second Piece Pipe brings back good memories John.