Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"Your" Government .... de facto


> KEEP PASSING THIS AROUND UNTIL EVERY ONE HAS HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO
> READ IT... THIS IS SURE SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT!!!!
>
> THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THE GOVERNMENT'S CALCULATION OF AVAILABLE
> SOCIAL SECURITY IS THEY FORGOT TO FIGURE IN THE PEOPLE WHO DIED
> BEFORE THEY EVER COLLECTED A SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK!!!
> WHERE DID THAT MONEY GO?
> This was sent to me AND I am forwarding it because it does touch a
> nerve in me.
> Remember, not only did you and I contribute to Social Security but
> your employer did, too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes.
> If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to
> $220,500. Read that again. Did you see where the Government paid in
> one single penny? We are talking about the money you and your
> employer put in a Government bank to insure you and I that we would
> have a retirement check from the money we put in, not the
> Government. Now they are calling the money we put in an entitlement
> when we reach the age to take it back. If you calculate the future
> invested value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's
> contribution) at a simple 5% interest (less than what the govt.
> pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd
> have $892,919.98.
>
> If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year
> and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you
> retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final
> amount on deposit! If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per
> year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month.
> Another thing with me.... I have two deceased husbands who died in
> their 50's, (one was 51 and the other one was 59 before one percent
> of their social security could be drawn. I worked all my life and
> am drawing 100% on my own social security). Their S.S. money will
> never have one cent drawn from what they paid into S.S. all their
> lives.
>
> THE FOLKS IN WASHINGTON HAVE PULLED OFF A BIGGER PONZI SCHEME THAN
> BERNIE MADOFF EVER DID.
>
> Entitlement my foot, I paid cash for my social security insurance!
> Just because they borrowed the money for other government spending,
> doesn't make my benefits some kind of charity or handout!!
>
> Remember Congressional benefits? --- free healthcare, outrageous
> retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation,
> unlimited paid sick days. Now that's welfare, and they have the
> nerve to call my social security retirement payments entitlements?
>
> Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed S.S. income' receive no
> additional federal aid nor do they get any financial breaks, while
> our government and religious organizations pour hundreds of
> billions of $$$ and tons of food to foreign countries!
>
> They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though
> most of us have been paying for it all our working lives, and now,
> when it's time for us to collect, the government is running out of
> money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place? It
> was supposed to be in a locked box, not part
> of the general fund.
> Sad isn't it?
> Let's clean house in November 2012 and get folks elected that
> respect Seniors rights.
>
> 99% of people won't have the guts to forward this. I'm in the 1% --
> I just did.

No comments: