Friday, September 20, 2013

2006 - PLEAD THE FIFTH, "PRAYER OF THE CHILDREN"

2006 - PLEAD THE FIFTH, "PRAYER OF THE CHILDREN"
Posted By: hobie [Send E-Mail]
Date: Friday, 20-Sep-2013 04:15:45


Hi, Folks -
The Chicago Tribune is reporting that up to 12 people have been shot at a basketball court, including a three-year-old child.
Below, from 2006, Wake Forest University's a cappella group Plead the Fifth sing "Prayer of the Children", originally from the 1995 "Innovators" album of Sam Cardon and Kurt Bestor. I believe Bestor wrote the song.
The next-to-last line of the song is often sung in Croatian. Kurt Bestor more recently has been singing the line in Arabic. In a 2012 performance he dedicated it to the children of Sandy Hook. Tonight there's no reasons it couldn't be dedicated to children of Chicago, and anywhere.
The original lyrics say, "Crying, Jesus help me". This is often changed to "Crying, who will help me". The song is being included by Three Dog Night in their live performances, done a cappella, and "who will help me" is usually what they are singing.
Thanks to YouTuber wfupleadthefifth. Lyrics courtesy of www.lyricsfreak.com are below the clip.
=====
http://youtu.be/4YVp-YTIbqk
=====
Can you hear the prayer of the children?
On bended knee, in the shadow of an unknown room
Empty eyes with no more tears to cry
Turning heavenward toward the light

Crying Jesus, help me
To see the morning light-of one more day
But if I should die before I wake,
I pray my soul to take

Can you feel the hearts of the children?
Aching for home, for something of their very own
Reaching hands, with nothing to hold on to,
But hope for a better day a better day

Crying Jesus, help me
To feel the love again in my own land
But if unknown roads lead away from home,
Give me loving arms, away from harm

Can you hear the voice of the children?
Softly pleading for silence in a shattered world?
Angry guns preach a gospel full of hate,
Blood of the innocent on their hands

Crying Jesus, help me
To feel the sun again upon my face,
For when darkness clears I know you're near,
Bringing peace again

Dali cujete sve djecje molitive?
(Croatian translation:
'Can you hear all the children's prayers?')
Can you hear the prayer of the children?.

=====
--hobie

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=287584

No comments: