Saturday, August 10, 2013

NaturalNews: "Merck slapped with $285,000 verdict over faulty Fosamax osteoporosis drug"

NaturalNews: "Merck slapped with $285,000 verdict over faulty Fosamax osteoporosis drug"
Posted By: hobie [Send E-Mail]
Date: Thursday, 8-Aug-2013 16:02:23
 
Hi, Folks -
From Mike Adams' Natural News e-mail newsletter:
---
Merck slapped with $285,000 verdict over Fosamax drug:
http://www.naturalnews.com/041543_Fosamax_osteoporosis_drug_Merck.html

---
Excerpt:
Numerous key witnesses, including Scheinberg's physician, reportedly testified at length about the inherent deception in the Fosamax label. Dr. Suzanne Parisian told the court that, if she had known about the serious nature of Fosamax, she would never have prescribed it to her patient. Merck's label for the drug, which had been altered from the one recommended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), also fails to convey the serious dangers associated with taking Fosamax long term.
Full article:
http://www.naturalnews.com/041543_Fosamax_osteoporosis_drug_Merck.html
***************************************************************************


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a victim of Fosamax. If a doctor prescribes this drug to you please do not accept it. You can get almost the same results with Vitamin D3. There is also a vitamin D prescription - 50,000 mg that you take once a week. I purchase the D3 - 5000 mg over the counter and take 50,000 mg per week.

Fosamax affected my jaw bone and jaw teeth. I lost 4 jaw teeth as a result. This awful drug causes the jaw bone to grow and wrap around the tooth root thus causing the root of the tooth to crack. When the dentist tries to remove the tooth it cracks and then you are in some big time trouble. My dentist called an oral surgeon for an emergency appointment and when he looked at my tooth he said "you have been taking Fosamax, haven't you". Next time it happened I called the oral surgeon myself. The surgeon had to remove some of my jaw bone to get to the root of the tooth.

Wanna know something else - I don't have osteo and never did. Doc prescribed the Fosamax as a preventive. Take 50,000 mg of Vitamin D per week and you will be ok.

I have a neighbor/friend who is a drug rep and she told me that the drug companies give the doc's a percentage of some of the drugs that they prescribe.

It is my hope that my little message will save someone from taking Fosamax. Maybe it doesn't cause problems for everyone but it certainly had an impact on my teeth.

From an Anonymous senior in Texas..............