© Flickr/ Justin Brown
- Lavrov: US Missed Islamic State Threat Guided by Double Standards Policy
- Lavrov: Equating Imaginary ‘Russian Threat’ to Actions of Islamic State Outrageous
- CIA Estimates 31,500 Islamic State Fighters in Iraq, Syria
- Former CIA Director: Obama’s Anti-IS Strategy Over-Dependent On Air Power
- Islamic State Must Be Stopped Before It Spreads – Former CIA Officer
the UN to send fact finders, but Washington prevented that from happening. American journalists, with the exception of James Reston, supported the lies. Washington threatened and bought off Guatemala’s senior military commanders, who forced Arbenz to resign. The CIA’s chosen and well paid “liberator,” Col. Castillo Armas, was installed as Arbenz’s successor.