Monday, January 21, 2013

50 State Open Carry Demonstration Feb. 8th; Getting Out The Word


50 State Open Carry Demonstration Feb. 8th; Getting Out The Word

By Bob Powell
theintelhub.com
January 21, 2012
On February 8th 2013, in accordance with state law and the 2nd Amendment, there will be peaceful Open Carry demonstrations taking on the Capitol steps of all 50 states.
In Michigan a team of volunteers is organizing the event, and this writer will be speaking in support of the Constitution, exercising my 1st Amendment right to free speech in defense of the 2nd Amendment.
In this episode of The Truth Is Viral, I take you through the streets of Alpena Michigan as I go door-to-door to businesses in the downtown area; openly carrying a sidearm in accordance with Michigan law.
Rather than just surprise local law enforcement with my sudden appearance as some reporters have done, I decided to speak with the Michigan State Patrol, the Alpena County Sheriff’s Office, and the City of Alpena Police Department, letting them know of my intentions beforehand.
As a result of my conversations with local LEOs, I was not only told that it was my right to walk around town openly carrying a firearm, but I was encouraged to do so.
I was even offered tips on where I could place my flyers, and informed that I needed a permit to solicit from the city.
The Alpena City Police Department especially went out of their way to make my little one man protest a success; in accordance with Federal, State, and Local laws.
Please share this video everywhere you can. I can’t do this by myself.
Michigan flyers can be found here: TTiV Forum
Generic 50 state flyers can be found on the 2nd Right Facebook page.
Bob Powell has been a journalist, news editor, radio personality and news anchor for several outlets including the weekly Scripps Howard newspaper in Palm City Florida. Most notably he has covered Desert Storm. Bob was responsible for reporting on NORAD, Peterson Air Force Base, Fort Carson, and the U.S. Space Command for the CBS Radio Network.
Now an independent journalist, Bob’s blog and Internet show, The Truth Is Viral, has developed a reputation for hard hitting journalism focused on the truths that are being ignored, twisted, or just plain lied about my the Mainstream Media. The Truth Is Viral regularly features interviews with extremely credible sources, that blow the lid off the stories “they” don’t want you to know. Donations are much appreciated via PayPal HERE.

No comments: