Saturday, January 19, 2013

Jim Neugent, a Coach In Mena, AR Writes To ABC Network



Our media is forming the beliefs of our nation, our young people, many people who don't have the convictions of good Christian childhood parenting to combat the constant barrage of newspapers, TV programs, newscasts, internet telling them what is right and wrong.
Jim Neugent, a Coach In Mena, AR Writes To ABC Network
My name is Jim Neugent.I wrote to ABC (on-line) concerning a program called 'THE PRACTICE.'In last night's episode, one of the lawyer's mothers decided she is gay and wanted her son to go to court and help her get a marriage license so she could marry her 'partner.' I sent the following letter to ABC yesterday and really did not expect a reply, but I did get one.
My original message was:
ABC is obsessed with the subject of homosexuality.I will no longer watch any of your attempts to convince the world that homosexuality is OK. 'THE PRACTICE'can be a fairly good show, but last night's program was so typical of your agenda. You picked the 'dufus' of the office to be the one who was against the idea of his mother being gay, and made him look like a whiner because he had convictions. This type of mentality calls people like me a 'gay basher.'
Read the first chapter of Romans (that's in the Bible); and see what the apostle Paul had to say about it..... He, God and Jesus were all 'gay bashers'.What if she'd fallen in love with her cocker spaniel? Is that an alternative life style? (By the way, the Bible speaks against that, too.)
--Jim Neugent
Here is ABC's reply from the ABC on-line webmaster:
How about getting your nose out of the Bible (which is ONLY a book of stories compiled by MANY different writers hundreds of years ago) and read the declaration of independence (what our nation is built on), where it says 'All Men are Created equal,' and try treating them that way for a change!
Or better yet, try thinking for yourself and stop using an archaic book of stories as your lame crutch for your existence. You are in the minority in this country, and your boycott will not affect us at ABC or our freedom of statement.
Jim Neugent's second response to ABC:
Thanks for your reply.From your harsh reply, evidently I hit a nerve.I will share it with all whom I come in contact.Hopefully, the Arkansas Democrat Newspaper will include it in one of their columns and I will be praying for you.
-Jim Neugent- -
Note:Wouldn't Satan just love it if people stopped using the Bible for a crutch? Please resend this to everyone in your mailbox.
Jim Neugent
I wonder if the person from ABC considered how many people would eventuallyread this e-mail! Please, if you are a Christian,pass this on to others so they may be aware. Even if you are not a Christian. It is still wrong, pass it on.
WE NEED TO SAVE WHAT WE HAVE LEFT OF THIS COUNTRY!




     'In God We Trust'  
Life is short, Bend the rules,
Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly,
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile.

6 comments:

Doug Duff said...

EXCELLENT ARTICLE. I'd like to add one small comment. I never advocate using the Holy Writ as a "crutch." It is a "COMPASS."

Have you ever been in a thick forest or underbrush and couldn't see any landmarks for point of reference. That tiny little compass in your pocket will keep you from walking in circles.

Anonymous said...

Nicely said! Thank-you.

Anonymous said...

I actually agree with the ABC webmaster. But that's just my opinion. I don't see the bible the only book out there or as "truth" as a lot of people would. I only live by one of it's recommendation..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,"this is all I need for the truth lies within ourselves, I can attest to that for I have lived this way since I was a child do to this day. And I know that "every day is a gift" and everything that comes our way is for a purpose, there are no coincidences.

Anonymous said...

Sigh.

John, its just so amazing the breadth of the material you find to post. Lets see, we have a post on the imminent fall of this false government, a wonderful how-to guide on using coffee filters followed by this bigoted, fearful blathering of a Christianist.

As much as I loathe (and no longer watch the lamestream media), I have to really hand it to the ABC rep. In a FREE republic where all the commerce laws and statutes are banished to the dustbin of history, common law would return. Common law, where we are FREE to do as we like as long as we do no harm. The Chrisianists like Mr. Neugent are really collectivists hiding behind a book of questionable (think Constantine and the Council of Nicea and the squelching of gnostic texts) veracity. In a revised (NESARA) republic, Mr. Neugent (and by virtue of repost YOU, John) may believe it all he likes. He (YOU) cannot shove his interpretion down anyone else's throat or he is in violation of common law.

You can do better, John.

Anonymous said...

Every good Christian as they proclaim to be are far more judgmental and justify all there own wrongs as its OK because what the Bible says or what they interpret it to mean. I think you have a big poster in your house of Jesus with a machine gun. I’m a man of God and I do not. I think ABC was right on . Everyone on this planet is a somebody weather they live in a ditch or a mansion and what ever there sexual preference should be is none of your business. The simple truth is its a fact of life so get over it. Perhaps you should look at your own issues in this life instead of inspiring hate. To be quite honest I think their better things to put your energy into, things such as the wars going on all over the world and all the children that are getting killed by good christians in the name of holy wars, in the Bible. Interesting to say more people have died because of that book than ever on this earth. I don’t need a book to tell me right from wrong and I don’t need to judge others thats not my job, I leave that to God.

Anonymous said...

I am not religious, but i do not assume to think for everyone and would never insult someone because of their belief in the Bible! Freedom of religion or no religion, this is America. I see the historical value in the Bible and all the other religious texts. The moral values instilled in people is of great value. ABC guy is negative and it will be affecting him greatly. Keep positive folks, send love not hate!