Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A little sneak peek into Freewill's daily work

I figured I would share a bit of what I do during the day with all of you Nesaranews readers. I know I am not on this blog much during the day. Sometimes I get the chance to check for unapproved comments or any important emails and will approve or post. You can see my tablet sitting on my tool box.

That is a 950 HP Cat 3412 engine that I am rebuilding. I may even give it a paint job when I am done. This engine powers an old Peterson Pacific HC4400 tree grinder that I converted into a scrap metal shredder. I redone the mill with 2 inch plate steel. Welds are also 2 inches thick. Manganese cutters. The mill is 5 feet wide. It even grinds up car engines and drive trains. Can't fit a complete car into it at once so we shear the car into 4 pieces then send it through. This shredder was used after hurricane Katrina for processing all the debris for landfills. I keep having thoughts of taking the shredder to DC for aiding the cleanup of all that debris once the republic takes over.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What talent you have with your hands.
I would love to train to do that, it is rewarding; I can tell.

Anonymous said...

Somebody's gotta do this stuff!!

Slaveman said...

Hey Freewill, the 1981 Ford P/U truck I inherited from my Dad has a 300 six with nearly 300 K miles on it. Do you think that motor shown would 'shoehorn' into this truck?,... Your Friend,....Slaveman.

Freewill said...

you could shoehorn that motor into a go-cart!

Ajeocci said...

By Golly, Freewill, you're not just another pretty face, you've got talent. I worked 28 years as a pipefitter, mostly on power plants welding pipe. Welding 2 inch thick plate is not for amateurs. The heaviest I have welded was the main steam piping which had a 4 1/4 inch thick wall. It was pre-heated to 350 degrees before we started to minimize stress. Post-weld stress relief took it up to 1,100 degrees, then decreased slowly over several days. I commend you on your project, and look forward to pictures when it is completed. Carry on, Sailor.

Freewill said...

That was also full penn welding. I used to weld columns for sky scrapers until 9-11 happened. I was in the middle of a moment connection with a 4 inch plate being welded into a 14X700 column when the news broke of the first tower being hit. That is a 14 inch I-beam at 700 lbs per foot. 5 inches thick. The machine was completed a year ago. Had to rebuild the engine due to wood fibers plugging up the oil pickup screen. Wasted the bearings and the crank. Also discovered a cracked piston when i disassembled the engine.

I remember heating the base plates on those columns to 350 degrees before welding them. My welds had to be ultrasound checked. I had a 99.5% quality rate. Love to build America. Give me a torch, grinder, and a welder and I will build anything...

Popeye said...

HEY THERES A PROBLEM..... THE GIZ-WATCHET THAT IS OPOSITE OF THE HOLE NUMBER 3 OPPOSITE OF THE RIGHT SIDE NEXT TO THE THINGY.. IS OFF JUST AS SMIGE OR CLOSER TO A TAD IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT IS LINED UP RIGHT...SO I RECOMMEND TO SEND IT TO POPEYE AS HE HAS THE RIGHT HAMMER SMASHER THAT WILL FIX IT GOOD....KAPISH?? OR IF THAT WON'T FIX IT.... TRY DRILLING SOMEMORE BIG HOLES AND SLEEVE THEM WITH HIS SPIANCH CANS!!!!...

Anonymous said...

Does this thing also wash laundry? I sure could use a good washing machine. This looks like the one my great grandma used on her back porch, except that this one is laying on its side. Must be tired? Does it spit out the clothes when its done washing them through that hole? How much does this thing cost? I have $3.57 saved up so far from my social security.